Thursday, August 28, 2008

Apple Crump Pie

My friend's mom made this recipe using her own apples and it was amazing!! I made sure to ask for the recipe. I like to slice the apples more thinly because that was how she did it and her pie was one of the bests I have ever had!

5 to 7 tart apples (5 cups)
1 9-inch unbaked pastry shell
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup enriched flour
1/3 cup butter or margarine

Pare apples, cut in eighths (*I actually find it best when I thinly slice the apples). Arrange in unbaked pie shell. Mix 1/2 cup sugar with cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.

Mix 1/2 cup sugar with the flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake in hot oven (400 Degrees F) for 40 minutes or until done. Cool. Spoon whipped cream atop; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

No comments: